Sunday, June 29, 2008

"JAPS GO HOME"


This morning, I found our mailbox in pieces, laying on the ground, ran over by a car during the night. My house is next to a high traffic intersection. It's not a strange thing a car jumped the curb and ran up to the sidewalk. It has happened before...

As I was picking up the pieces, I found a note stuffed inside the mailbox...How nice, I thought to myself, the guy is nice enough to leave me his/her contact information...

Boy, was I wrong! I found the scribble be...

"JAPS GO HOME"

My message to the person who did this...

First of all, I am an American! A Chinese American, proud to be!!! Go home? Home is here!!! If you don't like it, YOU GO HOME!!! You are a coward! You did this hiding in the dark of the night...

In a few months, this country is getting ready to possibly elect the first African American president. It saddens me that we still encounter this kind of bigotry today. Chinese American Citizens Alliance was founded over 100 years ago to combat discrimination. As a member of the Alliance, this type of incident only motivates me to work harder! We are still fighting the same battle!

Peace!

P.S. Thank you for all concerned phone calls and emails. I have reported this incident to the police....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really screwed up. I'm sorry that this happened to you..in 2008...in Southern California of all places.